Our clients have an exciting opportunity for an Associate to join our successful Corporate Division. As part of the team, you will be involved in providing ongoing corporate and commercial advice to a wide range of private and public sector clients. In addition to sales and acquisitions and general corporate work, you can expect to be involved in advising clients on a wide range of complex and high-value matters including governance, property-based investment work, joint ventures, corporate reorganisations and in bespoke private wealth management for high net worth individuals. Our clients experienced team also advises on all aspects of private equity transactions including MBOs and MBIs, acting for equity providers, management teams and targets. You will be able to draw on the expertise of specialists from across our firm where necessary. The Corporate team work in close collaboration with our tax, real estate, employment, banking and personal and family teams to deliver a complete service to our clients, who are active in almost every sector of the Scottish economy. You will also play a key role in the growth of the business by building and maintaining effective client relationships and maintaining an active focus on business development. In this role you will have the opportunity to work in a stimulating and creative working environment with market leaders in top-ranked teams. Our client will offer a fantastic training programme with clearly defined career paths and our ambitious growth plans offer significant opportunities for career advancement.
Core responsibilities of this role consist of:
- A wide range of corporate law matters, including start-ups, M&A transactions, private equity transactions, joint ventures, investments, reorganisations, shareholder/investment agreements and some AIM work
- Partnerships, LLPs and Scottish Limited Partnerships
- Advising clients on corporate governance issues such as director's conflict of interest, board composition, trading issues and shareholder relations
- Advising clients on commercial contracts on occasion
- Providing corporate support to other teams within the firm
To apply for this position or discuss in more detail, please contact us today.