Our client is top ranked by the independent legal directories Chambers & Partners and The Legal 500, and is regarded by market commentators as the leading practice in the Scottish market in recent
The department continues to grow and expand and currently has an opportunity for an Associate to join a team that focuses on renewable energy transactions. This is a fast paced role where the role holder will be client
facing and involved in building and maintaining client relationships on an ongoing basis.
The key aspect of the role will be to work as part of the team servicing renewable energy transactions as well as to provide support to the junior members of the team and the wider real estate department as and when required.
An interest in business development, networking and having an eager, pro-active and ambitious attitude are essential for this role.
Core responsibilities of this role consist of:
- Advising on property aspects of purchase and sale of renewables developments (including wind, onshore and offshore, solar and hydro), consented, under development and operational. Carrying out due diligence exercises including working with London firms.
- Negotiating option agreements and leases for renewables developments, acting for developers and landowners.
- Dealing with project financing deals for renewables schemes, acting for funders and borrowers.
- Co-ordinating the property aspects of renewables transactions and liaising with other departments in the firm.
- Analysing and reporting on documentation for renewables projects.
- Assisting with corporate support work.
- General commercial property work as it arises
To apply for this position or discuss in more detail, please contact us today.