Our client is looking for an Associate to join an expanding team that focuses on renewable energy transactions.
The role is client facing and you will be integral in building and maintaining client relationships on an ongoing basis. You will work as part of the team servicing renewable energy transactions and provide support to the junior members and the wider real estate department as and when required.
• Advising on property aspects of purchase and sale of renewables developments (including wind, onshore and offshore, solar and hydro), consented, under development and operational. Carrying out due diligence exercises including working with London firms.
• Negotiating option agreements and leases for renewables developments, acting for developers and landowners.
• Dealing with project financing deals for renewables schemes, acting for funders and borrowers.
• Co-ordinating the property aspects of renewables transactions and liaising with other departments in the firm.
• Analysing and reporting on documentation for renewables projects.
• Assisting with corporate support work.
• General commercial property work as it arises.
• Assisting with supervision of work of more junior team members.
• Involvement in business development activities linked to the team’s, the department’s and the firm’s strategic plan.