We have exciting opportunities for Solicitor or Associate level candidates to join our clients Land & Rural Business team within the Real Estate department in Edinburgh or Glasgow.
My client is keen to attract candidates who may have taken time out from law and are looking for a supportive team to join which can offer flexibility and part-time working. The Land & Rural Business sector is a vibrant and exciting part of the Scottish economy that is constantly changing and requires solicitors that can adapt to clients’ needs and expectations.
My clients aim is to be the ‘Go-to firm’ acting for estates, farming and rural businesses, lenders, funders, developers and public sector organisations across Scotland. They already have the largest dedicated team in this sector offering not only market leading legal but also first rate strategic and commercial advice.
With guidance and support, the role holder will have the opportunity to experience a wide range of work as follows:
• Purchase, sale and funding of estates
• Ongoing management of large estates to include: agricultural holdings work, plot sales, trustee conveyancing, minerals
• Commercial and non-commercial development relating to large estates (including small and large scale renewables projects and residential developments)
• Purchase, sale and management of sporting interests including salmon fishings and grouse moors • Purchase, sale and funding of farms and related farming activities (such as contract farming agreements)
• Support for various commercial property transactions that are being managed by associates within the Land & Rural Business team
• Previous experience of working in property is essential, we will consider applications from those who have taken time away from law
• Committed to highest level of client care and service – always go the extra mile for clients
• Works to understand the department’s key clients, the industry they operate in and the challenges they face
• Genuine interest and enthusiasm for rural property work